Follow Lisa Richardson on Social Media!
About Lisa Richardson
Popular knitwear designer Lisa Richardson is a name instantly associated with the Rowan pattern house. With a background in tailoring and homewares, Lisa joined Rowan in 2003. Inspired by shape and texture, Lisa’s designs showcase interesting stitch details, unique garment structure and stylish techniques with a classically understated, yet innovative brilliance reflected in the global status she now commands.
“Inspiration comes from everywhere; I never really switch off. Anyone I spend time with has to get used to being dragged into a shop to see precisely how something is tied at the back, or stopping halfway up a mountain because there’s a perfect scene unfolding. I went to an Islamic Art exhibition in London and their geometric designs work perfectly with knitwear so that will come in useful sometime.”
As Senior Designer and Technical Manager Lisa manages the Rowan pattern editing process, mentors newer members of the design team, and art directs and styles the shoots for the magazine and pattern brochures. Lisa’s work may seem all-consuming but she still manages to squeeze in time to enjoy running, climbing, biking, swimming…basically anything outdoors.
And if she’s not scaling walls then she is looking for the deepest, stickiest puddle of mud she can find, preferably over-strung with barbed wire and under-laid with slimy stones and sharp rocks, and launching herself straight into it. No....really!
She’s a not-so-secret ‘Tough Mudder’ and the carrot juice and temporary sugar embargo are just part of keeping her body fit enough to face the challenges she sets it. Lisa does, for a pastime, what many would prefer not to encounter in their nightmares.
Lisa has competed in the British Military Fitness Major Event in Leeds: “The UK’s most friendly obstacle race! Leopard-crawl through a muddy ditch, launch yourself into a darkened trench filled with ice...roll, duck, jump and weave your way through Edmund’s Electric obstacle, see if you can escape from the bog....”
You get the idea. She’s got a new mountain bike and is learning how to do front crawl without gasping. Lisa admits to leading a very busy day-to-day existence, but cites her biggest drive as helping people create something that they will cherish for years to come, a philosophy that perfectly epitomises why her designs are so popular with Rowan knitters today.
patterns by yarn
- Alpaca Classic (26) Apply Alpaca Classic filter
- Pure Cashmere (17) Apply Pure Cashmere filter
- Valley Tweed (17) Apply Valley Tweed filter
- Cotton Cashmere (12) Apply Cotton Cashmere filter
- Creative Linen (11) Apply Creative Linen filter
- Island Blend Fine (11) Apply Island Blend Fine filter
- Felted Tweed (10) Apply Felted Tweed filter
- Kidsilk Haze (10) Apply Kidsilk Haze filter
- Summerlite 4ply (9) Apply Summerlite 4ply filter
- Baby Cashsoft Merino (8) Apply Baby Cashsoft Merino filter
- Fine Lace (8) Apply Fine Lace filter
- Moordale (8) Apply Moordale filter
- Summerlite DK (7) Apply Summerlite DK filter
- Alpaca Soft DK (6) Apply Alpaca Soft DK filter
- Cashmere Haze (6) Apply Cashmere Haze filter
- Cashmere Tweed (5) Apply Cashmere Tweed filter
- Island Blend (5) Apply Island Blend filter
- Softyak DK (5) Apply Softyak DK filter
- Baby Merino Silk DK (4) Apply Baby Merino Silk DK filter
- Felted Tweed Aran (2) Apply Felted Tweed Aran filter
- Kid Classic (2) Apply Kid Classic filter
- Rowan Selects Silky Lace (2) Apply Rowan Selects Silky Lace filter
- Cotton Glacé (1) Apply Cotton Glacé filter
- Felted Tweed Fade Pack (1) Apply Felted Tweed Fade Pack filter
- Handknit Cotton (1) Apply Handknit Cotton filter
- Kidsilk Haze Fade Pack (1) Apply Kidsilk Haze Fade Pack filter
- Mako Cotton Baby Keepsake Box (1) Apply Mako Cotton Baby Keepsake Box filter
- Women (213) Apply Women filter
- Clothing (129) Apply Clothing filter
- Accessories (76) Apply Accessories filter
- Children (10) Apply Children filter
- Homeware (7) Apply Homeware filter
- Fun Items (5) Apply Fun Items filter
- Babies (1) Apply Babies filter
- Men (1) Apply Men filter
- Occasions (1) Apply Occasions filter
- Socks & Shoes (1) Apply Socks & Shoes filter
Forgot to log in? Sign in/register to make sure this download gets stored into your personal area